uses a clear and systematic format to introduce Latin to young students. It teaches important English and Latin grammar concepts, as well as vocabulary, sayings, prayers, hymns, and constellations.
Recommended for grades 1-4 from the Classical Trivium Core Series (For Grades 3-6 see: Latina Christiana I
). Prima Latina's simple introductory format is specially designed for younger students who would like to begin Latin early and continue at an easy pace. Uses Ecclesiastical or Early Christian Pronunciation. The Complete Set includes:
- Student Book: 25 easy lessons which focus on grammar, vocabulary and include common phrases and prayers. Two color. 2003, 2002 copyright. 8.5 x 11 inches. Soft cover. 128 pp.
- Teacher's Manual: Includes pronunciation Rules, Grammatical overview, Student Goals, Teaching Guidelines, Tests and Answer keys for the tests and Student Book. Two color. 2003, 2002 copyright. 8.5 x 11 inches. Soft cover. 128 pp.
- Audio CD: Includes pronunciation guides for each lesson and hymns.
- Instructional DVDs: Includes 3 discs with 9 hours of instruction (each lesson 15-20 min.) in a self-instructive format. Contains recitation and review, vocabulary practice, and explanation of derivatives, on-screen notes, diagrams, and examples.
- Flashcards: contain all of the vocabulary, cue words, conjugations, and declensions from both the Prima Latina and the Latina Christiana courses.
Also, check out these supplemental materials: